Are you concerned about a child or young person who is being abused or mistreated?

If you are concerned that a child or young person is in an emergency situation you should contact the police urgently on 999.

You may be hurt by an adult or another young person in many ways. Abuse can be any of the following:

  • Physical abuse - For when an adult deliberately hurts you, such as hitting, shaking, throwing etc. 
  • Emotional abuse - This would happen, for instance, when a child is being unfairly blamed for everything all the time, or told they are stupid and made to feel unhappy.
  • Sexual abuse - An example of sexual abuse would be where a child has been forced to take part in sexual activities or in the taking of rude photos.
  • Neglect - If you're not getting the important things you need, or you're not being looked after properly by your parents or carers you might be experiencing neglect.


Cumbria Safeguarding Youth Voices (CSYV)




Links and Sources of Support


Polski Mówiąc

 Polish Speaking



Save the Date

Meeting dates of 'The Young Perspective Board' and 'The Young People's Forum'

  • Contact us
  • Disclaimer
  • Cookies